Fusible interlining is a kind of lining coated with hot melt adhesive, and it is one of the auxiliary materials often used in clothing production. The fusible interlining is attached to the back of the fabric by heating and ironing. When the fabric needs to be crisp and thick, it can be reflected by adding fusible interlining. Today, Dishun Interlining will introduce the specific function of Fusible Interlining and its manual bonding process in detail.
The specific role of fusible interlining
1. Make the garment obtain a satisfactory shape and act as a skeleton. Under the premise of not affecting the feel and style of the fabric, with the help of the stiffness and elasticity of the adhesive interlining, the clothing can be made flat or reach the expected shape.
2. Improve the anti-wrinkle ability and strength of clothing. The use of fusible interlining on the collar, lapels, placket and front body of the thin-fabric clothing can make the clothing flat and wrinkle-resistant. The clothing after lining is more durable due to the protection and fixation of an additional layer of adhesive interlining cloth.
3. Make the hem of the garment clear, straight and beautiful, which can play the role of modification and beautification. Outside the hem of the garment, such as: stop, cuff and cuff fork, hem edge and hem fork, etc., use adhesive interlining to make the fold line straight and distinct.
4.Keep the structure, shape and size of the garment stable, and play a role in maintaining shape. The tailored garment will inevitably have some parts with curved shapes and oblique strands, such as collars, armholes, etc. However, after the use of fusible interlining, the structure and size of the garment can be stabilized; some parts will be worn during wear. It is easy to be stretched and deformed by force, such as bag mouth, button door, etc., but after using the adhesive interlining, it can make it difficult to stretch and deform.
5. Make the clothing thick and improve the warmth of the clothing. Obviously, the thickness of the fusible interlining for clothing is increased, so the warmth retention of the clothing is improved.
6. Improve the processability of clothing. Thin and soft silk and single-sided thin knitted fabrics are difficult to handle because they are not easy to hold during the sewing process. However, the use of fusible interlining can improve the holdability during the sewing process.
Manual bonding process of fusible interlining
1. First of all, to find out which side has glue, and then when placing the adhesive interlining, be careful not to mistake the front and back of the fabric.
2. Under normal circumstances, the iron temperature of the thinner fusible interlining is set to 125-135℃, and the temperature of the thicker fusible interlining is set to 135-145℃; choose according to the type of fabric, for example, when the fabric is woolen fabric , To choose the "wool" mark temperature, and chemical fiber fabrics can choose the "chemical fiber" mark temperature.
3. Press the iron in one place for 7-10 seconds, and be sure to apply pressure when pressing, and move in sequence after it is firmly adhered, and be careful not to leave a gap when moving.